Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Join the Community Forums Work In Progress Dig! Prototype – Playtest Ready Reply To: Dig! Prototype – Playtest Ready

• Grant Kerwood

June 4, 2021 at 10:22 am
    Premium Member Founding Member

I did not see any part of the rules that stated grass layer was free to dig. I based my Thoughts that grass cost 1 on these parts of the rulebook: “The values are as follows: (grass image) +1 Gold” “Analyse the ground (optional) – You may pay the gold cost of the stratum; this cost is the same as the income value.” “Dig a space (optional) – You will select a card on the play area that you will dig this turn. You will have to pay the gold cost of the stratum” I triple checked the rulebook for that piece of information that stated that grass was free to dig. Would you be able to show me where it says that grass is free to dig? (PS: You should make it clear what the cost of each piece is in each step, I had to look through 3 different turn options to learn how to dig.)

I would not recommend the option of reducing the income if you pass multiple times. This can be hard to keep track of. You should not have people remember things outside of 1 turn.

I would recommend to make the analyse action be mandatory. Maybe reducing it to see 1 card instead of the stratum. But the big change the will give the feel your going for; is to move this action to the end of your turn making it so you cant immediately dig that tile, therefore others can dig that tile before you could.

One other suggestion that may help increase strategy while decreasing the cost. Is to remove the gold cost entirely, and have the cost of digging be completely determined by the amount of soil stacked on top of that card. Instead of removing the dirt from the board; you move that soil to an adjacent card. Then add one to the stack. This will mean that soil never leave the board once it has been added. Because of the extra soil pieces needed, you will probably want to use tokens with 1, 3, and 5 values to represent soil.

Thank you for your game and your input in the community, it is exiting to see such creativity and generosity.