Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Dashboard Forums Ask Me Anything Carla Kopp from Weird Giraffe Games (Feb 24) Reply To: Carla Kopp from Weird Giraffe Games (Feb 24)

• Carla Kopp

February 24, 2022 at 6:31 pm

So! I’m trying a number of things. First, I’m going to have a number of games coming up that are much smaller so that they are easy to ship and fulfill. Then I’m going to try and see how a preorder system can work, as I honestly don’t know where Kickstarter is going with their latest updates and it’s also really stressful to run a Kickstarter! So, being able to skip that step would be WONDERFUL if I can make it work. I have 3 projects in process now and while I won’t get the money upfront, they should be small and contained enough that even if they flop, it’ll be fine. Hopefully they won’t! But it’s a lot easier to try new things when the price of failure is a bit lower.

I’m also going back to what I know works, so one of the games is an 18 card game based on Fire in the Library, which is one of my best selling games. I’m taking some chances… but also they’re less risky in different ways.

I’ve also been moving to focusing more on the US, just due to the amount of time it takes to deal with all the things that come with shipping and fulfillment across the globe. While that would mean less customers, it would also mean a lot less work, so I can focus more on building my brand in the US.

Hopefully that ramble actually answered the question!