Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Dashboard Forums Ask Me Anything Carla Kopp from Weird Giraffe Games (Feb 24) Reply To: Carla Kopp from Weird Giraffe Games (Feb 24)

• Carla Kopp

February 24, 2022 at 1:13 pm

Thanks for listening!

Honestly, I learn A LOT from watching players play the game. I see what people look at, notice their emotions at different times, and can see a lot of different playstyles and how they interact.

Taking that I learn so much from playtesting with people, there’s not much more that can be gained accurately from bot-driven playtesting, unless you put in a lot of effort on the logic of the bot. The bot has all the same biases and assumptions as you which is definitely a risk.

You can use bot-driven testing to identify some edge cases or inconsistencies in balance, which is nice, but it’s usually more important for me to identify and understand perceived imbalances in the game, instead of actual imbalances.

I tend to spend lots of time in spreadsheets, though, making sure everything seems about right, so if you don’t do that, you could find those issues through bot-driven testing, instead.