Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Dashboard Forums Ask Me Anything Carla Kopp from Weird Giraffe Games (Feb 24) Reply To: Carla Kopp from Weird Giraffe Games (Feb 24)

• Carla Kopp

February 24, 2022 at 12:56 pm

I try to have only one or two things a day that are really important and need to get done. That way, I can make sure to get that out of the way first while I have the most motivation. Then I tend to use the pomodoro technique, where you work for some amount of minutes, then take a break for some amount of minutes (maybe 30 min of work, 5 min of break). Knowing that a break is at most, 30 min away makes thigs a lot easier to do! I don’t always adhere to this, though. If I’m making progress and I’m in the moment, I might work for several hours at a time on something, which is great! Otherwise, I don’t spend too much time procrastinating so that really helps.

Also, after I get the major daily task done, I tend to just ‘follow the squirrel’ as it is. I can get a lot of progress on a ton of random things if I let them just happen in the natural order and that helps a lot with the motivation. It balances out over time that I finish the creative stuff when I’m creative, the easy stuff when I’m braindead, etc. I have enough projects in flight at any time that the overall effect is that I get a lot done, even if I didn’t do things in the ‘correct’ order.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Carla Kopp.