Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Dashboard Forums Ask Me Anything Jamey Stegmaier from Stonemaier Games (Feb 10) Reply To: Jamey Stegmaier from Stonemaier Games (Feb 10)

• Ian Reid

February 7, 2022 at 11:13 am

Jamey, Gabe, thank you for so generously contributing to the board game community and openly sharing your experiences. I think many like myself are very grateful for the wealth of experiences and resources you are putting out there.

My question: Much like writers, board game designers start with either a core idea, a narrative, a mechanic, a theme, and expand this kernel into something much bigger. Eventually, if all goes well, a fully functional board game.

How do you deal with “board game design block” beyond the inception point? In my case, I’m thinking of a case where there is a well-developped idea, perhaps components of a prototype, but you find yourself slowed by an overwhelming crowd of parts?
    Assuming you are not Gabe or Jamey with a very large captive audience and community, but rather a covid-isolated amateur BG designer. Many thanks!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ian Reid.