I posted on BGG a little bit ago this idea of a Russian/Ultimate Railroads legacy mode and I also wanted to share here to get your thoughts. Any fans of the game(s)?
Hope it’s okay to re-post here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2748638/brainstorm-new-modes-ideas-legacy
here’s what I said there:
Just like many of you, I'm super excited for Ultimate Railroads to come out! I've only played RRR on BGA and yucata, but I just think it's close to a masterpiece!
Anyways, I've had some thoughts for some different modes and wanted to get your thoughts on them and hear your ideas.
- What if there was an expansion where the trains were already at full power and they needed to be stopped from either crashing into another train, something else or from falling off the cliff because the bridge is out?
Pick up and Deliver
- Have to pick up goods and deliver them to a certain point. Ex. when the green track reaches the third space on Kiev, you pick up a good, then at space 7 it gets delivered.
- The train is carrying a good and it has to be delivered a certain amount of time/turns before it melts or freezes
- Tracks can be mixed and matched from all the expansions
- Each player starts with some weaker Engineers and they acquire better ones throughout the game
- Could there be a legacy mode?! I've yet to play one, but I think this could work.
- Use the modular boards to mix and match based on the mission and state of the game
- Use stickers to cover up spots to either hide them or upgrade them
- Engineers that are acquired, persist and stay with you throughout the campaign
- Engineers that are NOT acquired will be put back in the box (or torn up)
- Maybe not all the tracks are revealed fully and they need to be built from game to game?
I think there's a lot of room for this IP and I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas and brainstorm on this.