First Page Printed

I got my hands on an Epson ET-8550. I printed a test batch of cards on linen paper. I’m going to test this sheet with a laminate core. I don’t have the acrylic sealer spray yet. I have a friend that will cut these out on a Cricut to see if the tolerance is acceptable.…

Bot Playtesting Toolkit v. 1.4 – overview

Oboy, there have been updates to the Bot Playtesting Toolkit. The additions have been triggered both by games I’m simulating and by things I just wanted to improve anyway. The most important parts are summarized below. Image from https://www.rawpixel.com/image/3297959/free-photo-image-robot-awesome-cc0 Object filters I realized that I often needed to write complex if-statements to check if an in-game…

Brew Me Up

Wanted to share some cards and tiles I’ve made with the Paperizer.io tool for my game Brew Me Up. Aliens are threatening to destroy the world unless they get their beer! Players sort of work together in this worker placement game, collecting recipes and ingredients, brewing and delivering beer to the revolving alien ship and…

Continental Game Board Concept

I’m working on a game concept, and I’ve been thinking more specifically about the game board. The game board has to be a map, however, I want to have great flexibility in its “continental” arrangement. Whereas hex-tiles are quite useful in for that, allowing to create many shapes, they come with a down side: the…

1st prototype of 2nd game

Started on my 2nd game’s prototype yesterday, an area control game inspired by one of this site’s monthly challenges (which are having some technical challenges of their own). “Area” made me think of Area 51, and my pawns can be aliens or UFOs. I made a circle-ish hex grid with 51 spaces, but I didn’t…